The mission of the University of Cambridge is to contribute to society through education, learning and research at the highest international level.
Cambridge College is a technical and vocational college in Greater Sudbury, Ontario, Canada. With over 11,000 scholars making it one of the biggest colleges in northern Ontario, Canada.
The college has over 4100 students in 80 full-time programs and over 7000 students in almost 900 part-time courses and programs spread across three campuses.
What is special about Cambridge?
The colleges at the University of Cambridge were originally an incidental feature of the system. No college is as old as the university itself, the college was founded in 1967, has long been the main post-secondary school in Northern Ontario.
Cambrian College was established as a vocational school during the establishment of Ontario’s college system. It started with university sites at Sault Ste. Marie, North Bay, and Sudbury.
- High-tech setting: Components designed in Cambridge can be found in a majority of smartphones and computers across the world.
- Exciting excursions: Studying in Cambridge offers the opportunity to go on a wide range of fun and interesting excursions. First, there are many things to do in Cambridge itself, such as traditional activities like going for afternoon tea, or punting along the Backs of the Colleges – you can even take a picnic on board the punt with you.
- Facilities: Cambrian College’s training facilities include specialist labs, equipment, a mobile trade lab, and classrooms for face-to-face, virtual, and hybrid delivery.
- Services: Cambrian College offers a variety of services and possibilities, such as campus security, job opportunities, and social activities.
- Own the one of the most condusive campus in canada, provides everything a student needs, whether they want to join a student club, consult a healthcare specialist, or use the services of the Women’s Centre.
- Career Centre: The Career Centre assists Cambrian alumni with resumes, cover letters, and practice interviews to help them in their employment hunts. On-site computer access is provided. The Career Centre is in charge of coordinating student jobs and graduate career opportunities.
- Innovation Centre: The Centre’s customized training solutions and services are aimed at building capacity in the areas of leadership development, professional skill development, social business, and applied research. Corporate Training, Continuing Education, and Cambrian Innovates, the college’s research and development arm, are all part of it.
Cambridge University Scholarship Opportunities
Scholarship opportunities, bursaries, and government loans are made available at Cambridge University. Through its awards program, the college aids a total of 1,000 students each year, and more than 50,000 CAD in scholarships are given to overseas students.
Foreign students are also eligible for non-specific scholarships totaling $100,000 CAD.
Students are able to apply for employment on campus. The college has set aside 30,000 CAD for international students to work as student interns.
Scholarships are provided in respect to the applicant’s eligibility, which is determined by filling out a questionnaire and submitting papers such as an essay, volunteer hours, and so on.
Among the various categories, awards are:
- Entrance awards – Over 150,000 CAD are given to new arriving students.
- In-school rewards – Over 600,000 CAD are given to students depending on their study field, academic excellence, community activity, and financial need.
Cambridge University Admission
Cambridge College accept students for the Fall semester. Students who wish to be considered on an equal basis must apply by February 1st.
Applications gotten after this date will only be considered on a first-come, first-served basis and in accordance with the availability of openings.
A completed application form, copies of educational diplomas or transcripts, English language proficiency test scores, and other papers may be required for admission to the college.
Applicants can apply online and are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of 95 CAD.
What is the application procedure?
Below are the steps:
- Select a program of interest and find out its general needs and availability.
- As an international student, you should also be aware of the English language requirements as well as any country-specific needs.
- Submit your completed applications, together with your basic personal and academic information and a non-refundable application fee.
- Provide required papers such as transcripts, English language proficiency scores, other exam results, and so on.
- Wait for a formal offer of admission, after which you will pay your tuition price and use the receipt to apply for a study visa.
- If your program includes any type of fieldwork, you will additionally need co-op study permission. As a result, keep this in mind while applying for a visa.
- Submit your housing and scholarship applications. If you are seeking off-campus housing, please contact the foreign student assistance office at [email protected].
Job Opportunities In Cambridge University
Cambridge College currently has the following job opportunities:
- Manager, IT Client Services
- Professor, Business Accounting
- Front Line Server
- Dental Hygiene Technologists
- Technologist, Machining
- Technologist, Heavy Duty Equipment
Despite these job opportunities, the college helps students in getting placements by organizing job fairs and events for companies and students to participate in job possibilities and has approximately 60,000 alumni living all over the world.
Members of the alumni association are entitled to a variety of privileges and services from the college. Among them are the following:
- A home and car insurance scheme in collaboration with TD Insurance
- The MBNA Mastercard has no yearly charge.
- A life and medical insurance scheme in collaboration with Manulife.
- Commercial insurance, motor fleet, and bonding through a collaboration with PBL Insurance Ltd.
- Exclusive discounts and exclusive deals in the Sudbury Ashley Home store.
- Use the library, computer lab, job and career services, athletic center, student life center, and so on.
- The Premier Award recognizes outstanding alumni of the college for their contributions and academic talent.
- The college organizes alumni gatherings and reunions so that they may meet and keep connected.
Foreign students are allowed to apply to any full-time Cambridge college program. We hope this post on Cambridge University Scholarship answers some pending questions you may have.